Travel

Weekend away in Amsterdam

20:51

Hi, hi, hi!! Long time no blog post. I've been away for the last 5 weeks, hence why the absence of post have occurred. I now have the holiday blues! I visited Philippines about a month ago, and then went to Amsterdam a week after, with my boyfriend - only got back last night! Oh, WHAT A WEEKEND - and experience! This blogpost is literally a mini diary of pictures while I was away in Amsterdam. So if you're planning to visit or jetting off to the city soon, then the pictures below will give you a taste of it all.

I also remember mentioning on Instagram that I will do a blog post on what I wore during my stay in Amsterdam, but we were too busy capturing the scenery instead. But if you're visiting the city in September, make sure you bring a jacket that will protect you from the bitter cold and rain!! I didn't and I froze, also had to buy a scarf over there to keep me warm. I'd say the best time to visit the city is during summer.

Love this photo taken by Irwin during the canal cruise.

Just like all fashion bloggers, got to take those typical airport pictures :)
The flight from Dublin to Schiphol Airport only took 1 hour and 30 minutes (including the crazy turbulence, ha ha). Out of all the airports I have been to, Schiphol is definitely the most unique looking one. There is a train station within the airport - how convenient! I would advice you to buy the 3-DAY Amsterdam travel ticket, which is valid for 3 successive days. You can use this ticket for trams, buses, metros and ferries. It only cost €25, much cheaper and better than routing around your wallet for coins every time you use their public transport.


DAY 1:

Irwin and I got the metro from our hotel, which was the Tulip Inn Riverside, to Amsterdam Centraal. The metro was so handy for us because the location of our hotel was quite far off from town.



I fell in love with Amsterdam streets and architectures immediately. Look how cute those buildings are though. We were so mesmerized at how beautiful the city was, take a look for yourself:








Since we didn't get to town till about 6 p.m and we were both famished at that time, we decided to have dinner at an Italian restaurant - which I forgot the name of... What a shame, I wish I could tell you because the food was amazing, and it wasn't too expensive either. Enjoy this mouth watering picture...


Somewhere at the Red Light District.


DAY 2:

We saw people queuing up for these chips, so we followed the crowd and got our own - And I have to admit, I would go back to Amsterdam just for them ha! They were less than €5, and for 0.75 cents extra you can pick any type of sauce you want with your chips (Cheese, Mayo, Spicy etc.) They're nothing compare to the greasy chips you get at your local chippers, ha ha.


The picture below is Anne Frank House, and the queue was probably longer than the queue for the Eiffel Tower - well it was that day anyway! We both just decided to leave it and go on a boat cruise instead. But I wish we just stood out in the cold, waiting in line to see the historical house/attic - so don't do what we did, and just queue.

Amsterdam is surrounded by canals, as you probably already know. The boat/canal cruise cost us €16 per person. You can use your tickets from 9 a.m to 10 p.m, and the boat usually comes every 30 minutes. Heres a few pictures taken during the boat tour.







Amsterdam is well known for bicycles and cyclist. Bikes were parked at every street corner, and I even spotted a 3 story parking lot just for bikes! If you want you could even rent out a bike for yourself, just make sure you don't bump into anyone :))



If cycling isn't your  forte, then you have the option to tour around the city on a segway! Yes, a SEGWAY! How cool, but expensive is that?



DAY 3

On our last day, we took the metro and the tram to go to Rijksmuseum. Just like the other tourists, we also took pictures with the I AMSTERDAM sign. I'll be honest though, I thought the sign would be a lot bigger in person - but it's something you just have to see.



Can you spot Irwin? Ha.



Bought my dark green Amsterdam jumper at a souvenir shop for only €16, which comes in sizes S, M and L. Perfect for the winter weather and college attire.





Hope you enjoyed, and sorry for the lack of fashion pictures on this post. The weekend away was amazing, would love to go back again! Have a blast in Amsterdam if you're going!

Follow me on Instagram to see more travel pictures: r29xstyle

Love,
post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously have me sooo freaking excited for my trip next month ahhh! It looks sublime ♡ Love this post! Thanks for the heads up about the 3-day ticket!

    www.alaramode.co.vu

    ReplyDelete

recent posts