Simple OOTD

16:10

Hi everyone ☺ 

I'm actually going to start this fashion/style blog differently, since some top fashion bloggers gives an update of their life then I should probably too. Feel free to scroll down though. Last week was a tough one, had to deal with another disappointment but it's looking good now! Ever hear the saying "Hard work pays off"? Well I've been working hard to get where I want to be for the last three years and somehow I was always let down. You can only imagine how heartbreaking that was for me, for anyone. If you follow me on Instagram you know that I posted a quote, and if you read the extremely long caption you would also know that I mentioned "biggest goal in life." So if you're wondering what's that all about, well last year I got offered to study Psychiatric Nursing and I took it even though I knew, and always have wanted to be a General nurse. But I don't regret it, I learned so much and met the kindest bunch of girls. I have finished my 1st year summer exams and passed them all. My results were high enough to apply for transfer into 2nd year General Nursing, but of course I still didn't get it. In fact, no one did. At that moment I just felt so fed up of constantly trying and who wouldn't?

My plan was to stick with Psych nursing and do a post grad in General in the UK. So dedicated and committed right? Ha. I decided to give one more go, I sent out an email to my college and asked about the possibility for transferring into 1st year General Nursing instead (which would take the same time length if I do a post grad). Woke up the next day to an email that made me smile from ear to ear ☺☺ ! Therefore, starting all over again but I'm finally doing something I have always wanted to do. If I didn't send that email and without my boyfriend nagging/encouraging me to do it, then I would probably still be feeling down. 
As cheesy as it may sound;

"Eventually all the dots will connect."

 But just because I prefer general nursing it doesn't mean mental health/illness isn't important nor should be disregarded, by anyone. There's a huge stigma behind it that needs to be fixed. I went out to placement and was exposed to situations that I will never ever forget. I learned so much about depression, anxiety, schizophrenia etc. and what it was like working with people with such illnesses. It's something that shouldn't be looked down on and people suffering with such shouldn't be labelled at all. There's so much more into depression and anxiety, and I would definitely advice you to read more about it. I think mental health is something that tends to get ignored in secondary school, in some anyway, and raising awareness is key. Below are two essays I wrote for assignment purposes and a link about Mental Health.


So onto fashion.. Sharing my yesterday's attire. To be honest, I wasn't too keen about this outfit but I wanted to be casual and comfortable since I was only spending the day at my boyfriend's house. The sunglasses I have on are actually his ha. The outfit may be too dark for summer time, but I actually also had a light lavender hoodie with me just to brighten up the look.


I sported my Topshop ripped jeans (yes they're knee ripped jeans, it's not noticeable because I'm too short ha). I think they're are under the name 'Leigh' jeans, I love the stretchy material of them because it hugs my legs like no other jeans! They're are high waisted too, so you can get away wearing your 'lil crop tops. I still need to purchase myself a pair of Joni jeans though. If anyone has them: what are they like around the knee area? Because I absolutely hate skinny jeans that are ill-fitting.

The double-layered crop top I am wearing was a gift, and it has no label - but surely you can find tops like this elsewhere: similar cami tops from ASOS, take your pick! The blue crystal bracelet I am wearing was given to me from my mama, I believe she purchased this in the Philippines. I love bold accessories, it transform a simple outfit into something else. I brought out with me my Tommy Hilfiger bag, love how spacious this bag is. It has about four pockets to store your bits and bobs in. Handy right? My lace up sandals are from Primark/Pennys which only cost me €13. I decided to wear this because personally, I think the brown kinda compliments the dark royal blue cami top.

Thanks for reading, sorry about the long intro of the blog today. If you have any questions about it feel free to message me, all my social media are linked on my blog site. Instagram: r29xstyle

Love,
post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing a bit about your life and what's going on. I love that because it makes it more personable!! I also love your outfit, especially the shoes. You look great in these photos!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of sharing parts of your life - I might start doing it too!! really liked your outfit~

    leethrifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

recent posts